14.0 mi Run
Did twin peaks with Corey. Started out with Brunnq, Jragz, and Nick, but they broke off after two peaks. Still feel weak- I wish they didn't take so much blood from me!
Posted on Monday, June 29
MondayJun 29
4.0 mi Run
Ran past Gantcher and did reverse 0-5 with Corey to backwards C-loop. Felt okay.
6.0 mi Run
Ran at the track for a bit with Corey waiting for people to show up then ran for a bit with the crew along the way to the fells, then turned around and did 2 miles barefoot at the track. Felt good, though we were running really easy.
TuesdayJun 30
4.0 mi Run
Did lakes with Corey. Felt okay. 28:40
10.0 mi Run
Ran after painting with Corey. Ran up the Muddy River to Jamaica Pond to Larz Anderson where we did a few laps and ran home via Brookline Res., the high school, and the Muddy River. Did 3 strides after. Felt better than I have since the blood drawing but still tired. I've eaten red meat the last 2 nights and have gone heavy on the iron supplementing so hopefully that will help.
WednesdayJul 01
10.0 mi Run
Ran to the indoor track because it was raining and did a few miles there then ran back to Ossipee and met up with Corey. We ran around Alewife and added on a bit up Broadway after running back through Porter. Felt good! 6:40ish pace. I slept a bunch last night.
ThursdayJul 02
4.0 mi Run
Ran around the alumni fields. Felt pretty good.
8.0 mi Run
Did bike path to Belmont with Corey and Nick (Brunnq went further). Ran 6:30 pace average. Nick just wouldn't stop pushing the pace (just kidding Nick). Felt pretty good. Did 5x10 second hill sprints after.
FridayJul 03
4.0 mi Run
Ran around the alumni fields with Corey. Felt pretty good.
9.0 mi Run
Mid-res from Ossipee with Corey and Brunnq. Felt pretty good
SaturdayJul 04
8.0 mi Run 2 up Needham 5k Road Race- 2nd place, 16:05. Pretty happy with the race. Drove over with Burnstein and Corey. Went out with a pack of 5 through the mile in 5:00, which got widdled down to 4 by the 1.5 mark, and 3 at the 2 mile mark. Burnstein surged with about 800 meters to go and finished 6 seconds ahead of me. 3 down Didn't push too hard.
3.0 mi Run
Shakeout to Stew's house alone.
Total- 84 miles
A good week overall. I felt bad to start the week, but I've been feeling a lot better recently as I've distanced myself from the blood drawing, slept well, and gotten used to the mileage. I'm happy with the race because I have done anything faster than 6:30 pace recently aside from hill sprints, but 5:00 pace actually felt comfortable. I had a really good long run today with Brunnq and Corey so things are looking up!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.