Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Who? Mike Jones.

So this blog is really starting to look like Jaig Rac on the Track or some such nonsense, and I'm bored and awake so I felt like working on my typing.

Its weird that we like to talk and conjecture about what's best and about how much we need to run every day when sometimes we seem to do our best training when we stop thinking for a bit. Early in the summer I planned out my week before it started. Knowing exactly how much I was running every day made it really hard to actually go out and do what I wrote down. On my 107 week I decided not to think about how much I was doing. I did a four mile morning run every morning without even considering not doing it or cutting it short. After that week, EB brought the hammer down and told me to stay under 100 if I could. I've since decided to focus more on my afternoon runs and make sure that I get up to 80 in singles. Even that kind of sucks because I'm building my week around making my Saturday really easy. Maybe I'd be better off running more on Saturday so as to just stay consistent. Everything seems to come back to just running on feel... only faster.

I'm enjoying our uptempos a lot, though I'm a little worried about doing it by myself. Ima shoot for eight tomorrow at maybe 5:50. I'm definitely going to miss Nick's watch. I definitely believe that the longer we can go at a strong pace this summer and early fall, the easier an 8k will feel. Them fartleks are fun too... and hill sprints. The NYC half is this sunday so maybe I can sneak in again if my dad'll drive. Anyway I'm just rambling now.

Strides every day are ridiculous,
Chrisquell

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.