Today's uptempo was great. I was worried about having to go by myself since every time I've had to add on by myself have been particularly painful. I was also worried I was going to feel bad since yesterday I had some...intestinal issues... if you know what i mean. I did actuallyfeel bad during my warm up but luckily there was a bathroom right where I planned my start. But once I got started rolling I felt pretty good. Soo here are my splits:
1 5:49
2 5:45
3 5:45
4-5 11:52
6 5:48
7-8 10:49
tot: 45:52
Runs like this get me really excited for XC season and even for my upcoming marathon career. I feel like XC is so much more about strength than speed, seeing as you can be running up to 30-40 seconds slower per mile than you would be on a track. Every week I get happier with my up tempos. i can't wait to get up to 9 and 10 miles and hopefully still be holding this pace almost effortlessly. I think that these, combined with hill sprints and strides, should make it so nothing surprises my body during the season, and I'll be getting a lot out of every workout.
Also, running 5:44 pace for 8 miles makes me feel like such a badass on the road.
Just throwing that out there.
Tuesday, August 11, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.